DIY Boppy Pillow Cover


I've been wanting to make a new boppy pillow cover to match the new baby boy's room since the colors in his room are gray, teal and beige.  I used a simplicity pattern and whipped one up today.  (If you don't have a pattern you could make one.  You'll need tracing paper and a pencil to trace around the outside of your hoppy pillow and then add 1' for seam allowance before cutting it out)  It was easier than I thought it would be! I cut 2 pieces of coordinating fabric, the back was two pieces to slid the pillow in and out through a velcro opening while the front was one piece cut on a fold.  




Fold down the edges of both side of back pieces.  One right side and the other on the wrong side.  Next I sewed on the velcro and laid it out to make sure it fit.




I matched up the two pieces right sides together and sewed all the way around.


Flipped the material right side out through the velcor and stuffed the boppy pillow inside.  Done!  




Comments